Read the full content or go through the digital publication Transport industry embraces segmentation Industry transformation is a hot topic and the significant investments that
This second day of the show is placed under the sign of business travel. First of all, through the workshops concerning the business travel chain and the means of payment in business travel organised at the Business Club in the morning.
The year 2018 will probably break all records for tourism in Jordan based on first results reported last week by the central Bank of Jordan. According to the latter, tourism revenues rose by 15.4% between January and August, or US$3.6 bn.
Mexico is loyal to the IFTM Top Resa show, and it ranked as the sixth most visited country in the world in 2017, having welcomed 39 million international visitors. This year, it should reach the symbolic threshold of 40 million.
Trainline, the leading application in Europe for train and bus travel, have published a study with OpinionWay on the opening of the rail market to competition in France. The results are edifying: almost seven out of ten French people support the opening to competition of the French rail market; 68% support the opening of the rail market; 69% of the French judge the train as an attractive means of transport; 83% consider the train to be part of the French heritage and 79% want an independent application to reserve the tickets of different railway companies.
In 1983, Connaissance de Ceylan (Knowledge of Ceylon) was spawned in Colombo with 3 employees in order to propose a more authentic, more “eco-cultural” Sri Lanka. Today, 35 years on, the Connaissance de Ceylan Group is among the major tourism players in Sri Lanka, with more than 700 employees, chosen for their professionalism and dynamism.
To host events and speeches, it was necessary to have a new room capable of receiving more people in optimum conditions. With its 360° stage and 360 seats, the Arena Allianz Travel is hosting, during the 4 days of the show, conferences, round tables and finals of 4 major events: Startup Contest, Hackathon, Travel Agents Cup and Travel Agents Cup Junior. In total, 5,000 people are expected at more than 20 hours of events.
According to the barometer of Entreprise du Voyage, cumulative departures between January and December 2017 were up 3% while business volume was up 2%. Only the average basket was down 1.5%. As for cumulative bookings, they were up 7% in 2017, representing a growing business volume of 8.5%.